An APPI ParaTrike Instructor is a role model who has a high level of experience and knowledge of ParaTrike skills, theory and instruction. APPI ParaTrike Instructors may set up their own APPI ParaTrike school and conduct APPI ParaTrike Open Sky courses, APPI ParaTrike Adventure courses and APPI ParaTrike Pilot Courses. APPI ParaTrike Instructors may also become specialty instructors.
An APPI ParaTrike Instructor can become an APPI ParaTrike Tandem Instructor, an APPI ParaTrike Performance Instructor, an APPI ParaTrike Advanced Instructor, an APPI ParaTrike Fly Guide and an APPI ParaTrike Sky Guide.
Prerequisites/ Course contents/ Obligation
- Be certified as an APPI ParaTrike Assistant Instructor for at least one year or with another ParaTrike training organization.
- Be at least 20 years old and in a good medical condition.
- Present a logbook with at least 300 flights and 150 hours of solo ParaTrike flight.
- Agree to sit an APPI ParaTrike Instructor course run by an APPI ParaTrike Master Instructor.
- Submit evidence of a valid first aid certificate.
- Respect the APPI Safety Rules and Quality Standards.
Requirements for APPI PG/PPG Instructors converting to become APPI ParaTrike Instructors
- Must be a current and experienced Paragliding/Paramotoring Instructor.
- Must have logged 100 flights and 50 hours on a ParaTrike.
- Must have held an APPI ParaTrike License or similar for 6 months.
- Must have held PG/PPG Instructor rating for 24 months.
- Must have licensed at least 10 PG/PPG students since becoming a PG/PPG Instructor.
- Must agree to sit an APPI ParaTrike Instructor course run by an APPI ParaTrike Master Instructor.
- Must hold a valid First Aid Certificate.
Training and Certification
To apply for certification, the certifying APPI ParaTrike Master Instructor must submit online a validated Instructor Application to the APPI website, along with the required photo and application fee. Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI ParaTrike Instructor Card.
APPI ParaTrike Instructors who are in Active status are authorized to:
- Plan, organise and supervise all flying and training activities in an APPI ParaTrike school.
- Run APPI ParaTrike Open Sky Taster Courses, APPI ParaTrike Adventure Pilots course and APPI ParaTrike Pilot courses. Set up there own APPI ParaTrike school.
- Assist APPI ParaTrike Master Instructors during instructor courses and evaluations for any APPI ParaTrike certification.
- Become an APPI ParaTrike Specialty instructor having sat and passed the necessary course.
To renew annually, an APPI ParaTrike Instructor submits online a Membership Agreement with payment of membership dues. Instructors who have let their memberships lapse will need to fulfill additional requirements designated by the APPI Training and Quality Management Department before regaining Teaching status.
APPI ParaTrike Instructors can become an APPI ParaTrike Tandem Instructor, APPI ParaTrike Performance Instructor, APPI ParaTrike Advanced Instructor, APPI ParaTrike Fly Guide and an APPI ParaTrike Sky Guide.
For further information or to organise an APPI ParaTrike Instructor Course email: email@example.com
For regular updates follow APPI ParaTrike on Facebook