An APPI ParaTrike Master Instructor is a highly experienced and knowledgeable instructor, with exemplary ParaTrike skills, theory and instruction. APPI ParaTrike Master Instructors may run APPI ParaTrike Instructor courses and qualify APPI ParaTrike Assistant Instructors and APPI ParaTrike Instructors.
APPI ParaTrike Master Instructors can become Performance Masters, Advanced Masters, Sky Guide Masters and Mini Wing Masters.
Prerequisites/ Course contents/ Obligation
- Be certified as an APPI ParaTrike Instructor for a minimum of four years, or with another ParaTrike training organization.
- Be at least 25 years old and be in a good medical condition.
- Have assisted an APPI ParaTrike Master Instructor on at least two APPI ParaTrike Assistant Instructor Courses and two APPI ParaTrike Instructor courses.
- Present a logbook with at least 500 hours of solo ParaTrike flight.
- Agree to be assessed by an APPI ParaTrike Master Instructor during a one week APPI ParaTrike Assistant Instructor course, while demonstrating the ability to correctly run both the practical and theoretical elements of an APPI ParaTrike Assistant Instructor course.
- Agree to be assessed by a different APPI ParaTrike Master Instructor during an APPI ParaTrike Instructor course, while demonstrating the ability to correctly run both the practical and theoretical elements of an APPI ParaTrike Instructor course.
- Submit evidence of a valid first aid certificate.
- Respect the APPI Safety Rules and Quality Standards.
Training and Certification
APPI ParaTrike Master Instructor Development consists of assisting APPI ParaTrike Master Instructors during APPI ParaTrike Assistant Instructor courses and APPI ParaTrike Instructor Courses, before being assessed at their ability to run both of these courses by two different APPI ParaTrike Master Instructors.
For Equivalence, the Master Instructor candidate must send application to APPI and following procedures.
APPI ParaTrike Master Instructors who are in Active status are authorized to:
- Run APPI ParaTrike Assistant Instructor courses and APPI ParaTrike Instructor courses.
- Issue APPI ParaTrike Assistant Instructor licenses and APPI ParaTrike Instructor licenses.
- Act as an Ambassador for APPI.
- Become an APPI ParaTrike Master Speciality instructor having sat and passed the necessary course.
To renew annually, an APPI ParaTrike Master Instructor submits online a Membership Agreement with payment of membership dues. Instructors who have let their memberships lapse will need to fulfil additional requirements designated by the APPI Training and Quality Management Department before regaining Teaching status.
*Note: APPI Master Instructors retain their rating by being APPI members in best standing. This rating may be rescinded or suspended if found in violation of APPI Standards during a Quality Assurance inquiry.
For further information or to organise an APPI ParaTrike Instructor Course contact us.
For regular updates follow APPI ParaTrike on Facebook