The APPI ParaTrike Open Sky Taster course is a 1 or 2 day program consisting of a course for those who want to have a basic understanding and knowledge of Paratrike before progressing on to the 6 day Adventure Pilot course.
To enrol in an APPI ParaTrike Open Sky Taster course, an individual must:
- Be physically fit enough to take part in the training course.
- Have a minimum age of 16 years old.
- Respect the APPI ParaTrike Safety Rules and Quality Standards.
- Agree to sit the 1 or 2 day Taster course with a certified APPI ParaTrike instructor, consisting of the following syllabus.
Days 1 and 2:
1. Introduction to APPI ParaTrike, the Sport, the School and completion of all paperwork
2. Lecture 1: Theory of Flight
3. Introduction to the Wing and ParaTrike
4. Untangling, folding and care of the Wing
5. Sitting in the trike, clipping into the wing and 6 point checks
6. Ground Handling Training
7. Practicing with the ParaTrike without the wing
OPTIONAL: Student Training Flights in a Tandem ParaTrike at any time during the course
(Instructor must hold a valid APPI ParaTrike Tandem License to provide Tandem flights)
8. ParaTrike Safety Check List
9. Safe Starting Procedures with electric and/or pull start ParaTrikes
10. Hang Tests, Adjustments, Reserve Practise Deployments and Pre Solo Flight Simulation